Manipulative Physiotherapist who has worked with professional athletes for over 14 years. Rob has always believed if you want accurate diagnosis and treatment of the whole athlete, you need to be able to master the spine. This has given Rob unique set of manual handling skills allows him to get faster results and improve performance long term so that problems do not keep returning.
Rehab Protocol Skills
Having had 23 years’ experience and worked in professional sport for so long has meant Rob has a unique skill set in a large range of rehabilitation protocols from disc prolapse, shoulder dislocation to hamstring strains using the latest research papers to back up each phase of progressive rehab to an elite level.
Knowledge and Teaching
As a Head Physiotherapist Rob has taught courses on neck injuries, shoulder rehabilitation and hip and groin injuries. He has written papers on elbow pain and cervical spine strengthening. Rob is planning on assisting physio students with clinical practice from this year.
As a physio it helps the clients if the physio has had their fair share of injuries themselves. Rob has played rugby, touch rugby, soccer, raced yachts, run half marathons and just finished his first and last marathon. This sporting involvement has helped with understanding how his clients feel when they want to get back to their own passion on the field.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy),1994 Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Master of Physiotherapy Studies (Manipulative Therapy), University of Queensland
- 23 years experience in Musculoskeletal And Sports Physiotherapy
- Head Physio for Tonga Rugby Union 2015,pre world cup tour.
- Head Physio Australia A Rugby 2008 and consulted with Wallaby’s 2009-2012.
- Fremantle Dockers assistant physio off season 2012-present.
- Head Physiotherapist for Emirate Western Force Rugby(2005-2012)
- Head Physiotherapist for Saracens Rugby Football Club, London, United Kingdom (2001-2005)
- Head Physiotherapist for London Bronchos Rugby League Club, London, United Kingdom (1999-2001)
- Neck Pain
- Hip and Knee Injuries (since had plenty of my own in these areas)
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation (Elite level Programs for all injuries)
- Member, Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Association
- Member, Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member, Sports Medicine Australia
- Sailing at Royal Freshwater Bay Flying 15’s
- Soccer Plays Vets for Western Knights
- Touch Rugby